Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Torn

Well, it looks like Astana will be getting a license, while Genevieve says she's never racing again. The question is do we really care anymore? In fact, the first three stories in today's update on CN were somehow related to doping. I'm beginning to think I enjoyed following pro cycling more before Festina - when we all just closed our eyes to the doping issue. Kind of like the rest of the country still does with football... or basketball. Tell me that a few extra pounds or a couple more inches on your vertical leap wouldn't be worth a few million a year in extra salary. Why is nobody talking about this? Anyhow, the Chargers Shawn Merriman just got busted for 'roids, served his four game slap on the wrist, and nobody bats an eyelash when he comes back. Crazy.

Anyhow, it was Antarctica cold today in SoCal. It was 36 when I hit the road today. Dammit, I live here to avoid that kind of crap. I had to put on arm warmers and everything. Fortunately, weather.com tells me that by the weekend it should be back to the 70s and I can again cast aside the cold weather clothing. A white Christmas can kiss my ass.

And finally, check out Bart Wellens about a minute into this clip. Shawn Michaels would be proud of the sweet chin music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDQEWZ5FgM

(Sorry... YouTube wouldn't let me post the vid for some reason today)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home