Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Simi Ride

Went out and did the Simi ride this weekend. First off, gotta thank the wife for the hall pass to spend the day driving up there and riding. Good chance to tese the legs against the local big boys. It was also fun to get out and do a ride that I did on a regular basis back when I was fast. Some of the same fast guys are still there, and some are new.

As far as how that went: Just call me Second Group Sally. Second group up Norweigian, second group through the valley, and second group up Seven Minute. Sally's gonna have to get her legs under her before March hits. Second group ain't gonna cut it.

Legs were a bit heavy Sunday, but not as bad as expected. I still got a good three hours in, with very little bitching to the family when I got home about having to walk up and down stairs repeatedly. I expected that there would be much more bitching. Maybe things are starting to come around. They better be... only five weeks till the first race in ten years.

3 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger solobreak said...

STI give you carpal tunnel or something? C'mon, we need a post. Preferably about another ride with a zillion feet of climbing. And you can't be fat and slow if you only weigh 135. I've left more than that in the American Standard some mornings.

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger funai said...

Hey! Glad someone is actually reading =) Fortunately, no carpel tunnel... one of the drawbacks to Mexico and the mountains is limited (i.e. none, unless you want to pay two arms and a leg) internet access - not that I'm complaining, mind you. As far as the fat goes, when I started the "comeback" (term used VERY loosely) I had an extra 20 pounds on me. However, a blog just called "Old" wouldn't have the same ring to it, so the title stayed. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home